Tuesday, February 10, 2015

{Spotlight Project} Vicki Creates a Triple Embossed Tile Card



Hi, everyone! Vicki here. Gosh, it seems like forever since I have had a project for you all. Today I will show you how to make a triple embossed tile.

Here is the finish card:




STEP 1
Start by taping down your stencil [I used the new ARTplorations Hearts All Over stencil] and sponging on a light color.



STEP 2
Using a darker color, sponge on color partially [bottom of hearts] to add depth to the image.



STEP 3
Using an inchie/twinchie type image [I used Boxed Blooms], stamp and color it.



STEP 4
Now comes the fun part. Emboss your image with clear powder 3 times, letting it dry before adding additional layers. Yes, you can use a Versamark ink, I just happen to have a dauber embossing ink bottle.



STEP 5
Trim up the "tile".



STEP 6
By the time you have 3 layers, your inchie will resemble a tile. [It is hard to catch it on camera, but it looks awesome in real life.]



STEP 7
Adhere all components onto card base and your triple embossed tile card is done. Since I won't be home for Valentine's Day, I will be mailing this to my hubby. I think he will love it!



See you in a couple of weeks!




Products Vicki used in today's project:

    

Boxed Blooms is the June/July 2014 set in the STAMPlorations stamp club! We've got lots of perks, including a free 4" by 6" stamp set like Trendy Butterflies sent every 3rd shipment (or immediately after signing up for the semi-annual subscription) and ARTplorations stencils ($10 value) to every stamp club package mailed out to subscribers! For more info and to sign up, click here.


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for February. We'll pick a commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner on March 1!

17 comments:

  1. Love this, the triple embossed tile looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's reeeeallly pretty and I like the look of the multiple embossings. Could make a good stained glass effect - now you've got my wheels turning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to enhance the image and your background is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty in all red! The 3 times embossing is a great idea for this beautiful tile, an eye catching creation, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the effect on the flower! A classic beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Vicki - amazing technique with fabulous results. On my 'must try' list!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rose is so gorgeous.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki, this is gorgeous! What a cool technique! I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I have this stencil and will have to try your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning and looks so beautiful!! The way you have showcased your "tile" is just awesome!!! I am off to try thus technique!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! Love the tile technique! Oh, and I need that stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOw..Bright n Beautiful..I am sure triple embossing must be awesome to look in real !

    ReplyDelete
  13. great effect--I forgot about that embossing technique so thanks for the reminder--that tile looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cool card Vicki, the triple embossed tile is so effective, lovely and shiny

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Triple embossed Tile" is soo cool Vicki! The card is so sweet! I am sure your hubby would have loved it! :)
    Cheers!
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)