Thursday, February 26, 2015

{Spotlight Project} Deepti Creates a Clean and Elegant Card


Hello, friends! Deepti here and welcome to another spotlight feature. Today I am showcasing how to make a clean and elegant card with stamps and stencil. Here's a look at the finished card:



STEP 1
I started out with a white card base and sponged it partially with the stencil. I then splattered some Pumice stone distress ink.




STEP 2
Then I took a water color panel, stamped the daisy in Distress inks (Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry), and water colored these with same colors. I fussy cut them but I decided to use just one of the daisies on my card.





STEP 3
On the card base, I stamped the leaves. I also stamped and fussy cut an extra leaf. I added a panel of patterned paper and laid it all together along with the sentiment to finish my card.




Here's the finished card once again :) 



That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy crafting!


Supplies Deepti used in today's project:

        


Bloom Sketches is the August/September 2014 set in the STAMPlorations stamp club! We've got lots of perks, including a free 4" by 6" stamp set sent every 3rd shipment (or immediately after signing up for the semi-annual subscription) and choice of 2 ARTplorations stencils ($10 value) in every stamp club package mailed out to subscribers! For more info and to sign up, click here.


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for February. We'll pick a commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner on March 1!

21 comments:

  1. I really like how you are all showcasing the stencil. I love it and now I need to get one!! Love the colors you have used and your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layered look you created with your stencil and stamping. That fussy cut pink flower adds the perfect pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is amazingly elegant and so clean and crisp and stylish!!! Love the flowers and how they pop on the background of the grey stenciled shutters!! Incredibly awesome and love this so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the water colored flower with that graphic/leafy background! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great ideas for a fun technique, resulting in such gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Lovely Card Deepti!! Loved the flowers and the vibrant colors! :)
    Cheers,
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty - love the flower.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card !I loved the way you have colored the flower and stenciled bg looks very elegant !

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bright flowers are lovely against the gray stenciling - the stenciling looks like a big office building in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I never get tired of the Blooms Sketches stamps. Makes beautiful designs every time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your bright colors, fussy cut flower with embellishments and your subtle stenciled background. All so well balanced and creative. TFS Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, that is so pretty. Love the bright pink flower. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. S pretty! Love the stencil background. Love the flower color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Incredibly pretty, Deepti...the background stenciling is an eye-catching canvas for the gorgeous flower. So lovely...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is just way beautiful Deepti, I love the colours and how you've layered arranged the images over the stencil - very pretty

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)