Tuesday, February 17, 2015

{Spotlight Project} Cornelia Prepares for Mother's Day


Hi! Cornelia here with a Mother's Day card. I am showing you the border die cutting technique I learned on the CAS class recently. Kristina Werner had a great video about it, but its easy enough to figure out just looking at it how to do that and I am doing it slightly differently anyhow - hopefully Kristina does not mind...




I masked my card stock with post-it notes, leaving enough space to fit my stamp.


I then sponged with distress inks in an ombre pattern and then let it dry thoroughly.


Before I heat embossed my sentiment in white, I swiped my anti-static bag over the area to make sure the embossing powder only stick where I want it to. I positioned the border die and then ran it through my Big Shot.


And then ran it through a second time.


I trimmed the card stock a bit at the short end, since I was leaving some space in between the panels. I propped the panels up with foam tape. Outting them onto the card stock is the tricky part , as I had to make sure they're equally spaced and straight. I always just eyeball things - came out okay!
Added sequins, of course.


I hope you liked this. Have a great day and see you in 2 weeks!


Supplies Cornelia used in today's project:




Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for February. We'll pick a commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner on March 1!

22 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! The border die cutting looks awesome and I love your ombre inking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card looks sooooo cool!! Love the ombre strip with the die cut border! I'm going to try this! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Cornelia! I've seen this around the blogosphere and you rocked it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Cornelia, the inked strip is gorgeous with the super sentiment stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love the design, colors, embossed sentiment, how you cut panel... EVERYTHING! Such a great idea. Thank you for sharing. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning! I loved this technique when I watched Kristina on the CAS 4 course, it's on my long list of ideas to try!!!
    You rocked it with this card. Love it!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the boarder die cutting. It just gives it so much pizzaz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous and an easy way to do multiples.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty take on this technique, Cornelia! I love that border die and your ombre coloring is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, love your card! I'm a big fan of Kristina's but I haven't taken the class. I bet you are learning lots of fun CAS techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Love that die....makes for a VERY fun card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Striking design, love the ombré colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing Cornelia! The Ombre colors are fascinating and die cutting technique is such fun! Loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantabulous card!! I adore your gradient border die and the beautiful sentiment in the middle on ombre effect...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fanastic card...love it! and the stamps are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, love that technique! Will definitely have to try that!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cornelia, this is knock-it-out-of-the-park gorgeous! The gradient panel, the embossing the split die cuts...oh myyyy! Love this!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH MY GOODNESS - this is just so amazing and so excellently done!! Love it and find this to be so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty - love the colors.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Deepti, your card is so lovely, the sponging is perfect and the white embossing looks amazing and then to split the card bottom with the zigzag cut is fabulouw

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)